Sponsoring a Fiancй or Spouse for a Visa or Green Card

Discover the application form procedure for the wedding visa and card that is green the immigrant partner hitched up to a U.S. resident.

You are engaged or already married to a citizen of another country, that person may be eligible for a green card if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and. But, many individuals believe, wrongly, they can just bring their fiancй or spouse to your U.S. as well as the immigrant is going to be offered an immediate green card or even U.S. citizenship—a belief which has generated unfortunate instances of individuals being sent right home once more.

Your fiancй or partner will need to proceed through an application process that is multi-step. It really is your task to begin the procedure, by publishing either a fiancй visa petition (just available if you should be a U.S. resident) or a visa petition that is immigrant. This means completing Form I-129F for the fiancй for type I-130 (listed here is more info on filling it away in the event that sponsor is really a U.S. citizen or if perhaps the sponsor is a U.S. permanent resident).

Your fiancй or partner can not enter the U.S. until both the visa petition and subsequent applications have actually been authorized.

Note: if you should be maybe not yet a U.S. resident, you have U.S. permanent residence (a “green card”), you simply can’t bring your fiancй towards the U.S. before you’re married—and even then, you can easily bring your better half just after she or he spends some years for a waiting list. Continue reading “Sponsoring a Fiancй or Spouse for a Visa or Green Card”